Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Handmade Home: red dress




I found my way up to the thrift store by my house again, and naturally I had an overflowing basket on my bike ride home. I did however pull of my favorite and most elusive play, purchasing a dress, that I liked for this reason or that, intending to alter it, and actually doing it!

I really loved the color and the fabric of this dress, and the price was nice too at under $10; but there were a few fixes that I needed to make before wearing it. 


First and foremost, the sleeves had to go. Not only are they unflattering because the fabric takes over, but one of them had a tear right in the middle. I decided to so much shorter with them and cut to follow the flowers in the pattern.


The other item on the list was the length, it wasn't unflattering but again the fabric just buried me alive. So I took a couple inches off, and again cut by outlining the flowers.


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and am excited to get an opportunity to wear it out. Lucca was a little concerned about what I was doing in the kitchen disrupting her nap. Luckily, I think she got over it.

Here is another thrift store dress that I found, I do love the hunt.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have a sewing machine but have yet to explore my sewing ability! You've just inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...