Thursday, September 5, 2013

Made & Found: Wednesday Night Visitor


After a long day at work I came home and found Dawn... and she had our business cards! Her friend Linda in Seattle does letterpress (her info to come) and she made us some lovely custom cards, and we decided to add a little flare to them and splash them with color...



While I was pulling the blog photos together Dawn made us a nice black bean quesadilla. It was delicious, and really represents her belief that everything is better with a fried egg on it.


Then there was some more watercoloring and popcorn eating, Ben and Dawn had just got back from seeing a movie. I think it was called Your Next (?), the reviews were not rave. that's where the extra buttery movie popcorn came from, in case you were wondering.


After we ate, Dawn pulled out this lovely fruit tart that her husband Jay made at culinary school that day! She said that he brought it home and said, "Do you want to see what I made Monika at school today?". It's funny because neither he or Dawn are big in to sweets so Ben and I get to inherit this delicious hand made tart. It was (is) so good, he even coated the crust with a layer of chocolate!!


So that was how last night went. I found a visitor at home when I arrived, with lovely cards for us to make extra special, and she cooked and her husband baked. Life in Burbank isn't too shabby... but did I mention it's been 100 degrees all this last week. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. I've missed the explanation of your business. "makers and curators"

    Do tell!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...