Tuesday, June 19, 2012

$1 Wreath


I've been meaning to get some kind of festive spring/summer wreath on the front door since the day I took down my Christmas wreath (mind you that wasn't in December, I took it down February-ish--stop judging). I had an extra wreath form leftover from Christmas. I bought mine at the Dollar Tree. They're wrapped straw, and they worked well for covering in tree branches at Christmas and covering in yarn for summer!


Step one: acquire a wreath.


I'm a knitter, so I always have leftover yarn sitting around. Most of this is acrylic yarn that I don't really use for many knitting projects. I grabbed a bunch of colors to pick from


The bad cat was sleeping, so I wasn't disturbed. The next part took about an hour to do.


All you have to do is start wrapping the wreath form with whatever color you want. I started with gray and wrapped until I was satisfied and then switched colors.


When you want to switch colors just cut the yarn and start wrapping the next color. I always overlapped by just a couple strands to secure the previous color and anchor down the new color. I didn't use any glue in the entire wreath.


I picked the colors as I went, and at the end, I tucked the final piece of yarn under a couple of wraps. 
It's a really easy wreath that could be customized for any holiday or birthday. Someone will probably do a red, white, and blue wreath, but I'm just not that festive. Another bonus is that the wreath is super light weight, so you don't have to worry about hanging it on any wall. This wreath would also look cute in a bedroom or living room.


 This wreath certainly livens up my front door and it only cost me $1. 


It also looks nice from the back which is perfect since my front door is a bunch of glass panes.

Head over the dollar tree and while you're there, grab some tissue paper which your cats will love. Throw some in a box and call it good.



They also have a really good deal on some seashells. I bought 4 or 5 containers of them, but I haven't figured out what to do with them yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...