Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Scents to succulents!

I am always on the lookout for a way to reuse old containers. I have multiple stashes of old candle holders that are waiting for new candles or a new purpose. Without further ado, I give you the ultimate transformation from scented candles to succulents!


These book candles are from Anthropologie's fall candle line. I bought mine in Tucson on the 50% off of the clearance price--knocking this down from $19.95 (for serious?!?!) to $5 (doable). The candle smelled nice enough, but it burned extra fast. Within a week, I was out of a candle and left with a ceramic book. I had a few small succulents around the house that were in need of re-potting. Put ceramic book and a couple of succulents together and...

Voila!



It's like a whole new thing!
This container doesn't have any drainage, so best be sure to water sparingly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...