Monday, January 2, 2012

It's raining, it's pouring, and the old man is snoring.

The weather in Olympia today is rather dismal.
Proof of dismal weather real time! (.5 blocks away). 

Don't get me wrong, I love dismal weather, especially when I have the day off. Dreary weather gives me the perfect
excuse to devote some serious time to knitting. I'm currently working on a pair of socks and a new scarf. When I
was in Tucson last week, I was gifted a glorious skein of Mushishi yarn. It's a luxurious blend of wool and silk.
The color reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream and ocean beaches (basically the same thing).


It's a mighty big skein too--491 yards!

I searched for the perfect pattern to dedicate this yarn to. I'm fairly confident that I found it. I chose Jared Flood's pattern from his superb knitting blog Brooklyn Tweed. Through some minor yarn blog stalking, I have learned that Jared has roots in Tacoma, WA, which makes him all the more awesome. More specifically, I chose to knit this cabled scarf named Dryad. The cables are really fun and look so impressive. If you've never tried cables before, do it now! They're not as hard as they look and they never fail to impress. It's a really awesome pattern. I've knit one other pattern from Brooklyn Tweed, and I have to say that the patterns have been easy to understand and really well written. 


I'm hoping to finish this scarf up in the next week so that I can get some serious winter usage out of it.

The dismal weather is no match for the Dryad scarf! Rain on (kind of like game on).


1 comment:

  1. We hope it stops raining for you. It has been lovely and warm and sunny here, but we think it is going to change. anti snoring device reviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...