Monday, October 31, 2011

Bloated dead-finger cookies.

Nothing says Halloween treats quite like these delicious (yet disgusting) shortbread finger cookies.
I made some to take to our fundraiser at work. You might think that dead-finger cookies wouldn't go over well at the Washington State Senate, but let you tell you what...these cookies sold out pretty fast. I like them because they aren't too sweet, and they are just gross enough to be great.



I got the recipe from the book The Secret Life of Food.  There are some other fun recipes, but this one is by far the best. The fingernails are almond slices, and they look all cracked and gross (but great).



I also carved this pumpkin at work for our fundraiser.
It was decided that the pumpkin looked cautiously optimistic.


In other news, I'm done knitting one sock. I'll post them once I'm done with the other. I bet you can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...