Thursday, August 4, 2011

quiet as a...

If you haven't seen the blog, Mouses Houses, you need to hightail it on over there right now. Maggie Rudy is the Portland-based artist behind all these stunning mouse creations, and she is a lady of phenomenal skill, imagination, and, I'm guessing, patience. All of her mice, scenes, and accessories are handcrafted from felt and other found materials. The time and care put into each charming scene absolutely floors me. Here are some of my favorites...


"Tightrope" via Mouseland

"Rain" via Mouseland


IMG_2280.JPG (1000×830)
"Portrait of a Gentleman" via Mouseland


"Grace Darling" via Mouseland


If you're interested in getting a glimpse of Maggie's process, here's a link to a short film of Maggie in her studio. I'm so impressed by the depth of her creativity. Also, check out Maggie's book: The House That Mouse Built.  The exquisite detail makes me giddy. She's truly able to inhabit the world of her little mouse characters. Love it! 

4 comments:

  1. Dinner for Schmucks...not the best movie, but has lots of cute mouse magic in the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to look into this pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so much like dinner for schmucks! hmmph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you, I learned a lot of interesting things. I hope to learn more. I congratulate you for these wonderful shares. Keep going !

    voyance gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...