Saturday, February 5, 2011

all buttoned up


Yeah, I have a practically limitless supply of nerd titles for my posts. You're welcome! Hey, do you have a bunch of old buttons sitting around? Boy, do I ever. Why not make a button ring? What an excellent suggestion!


Button Rings



Supplies:
Buttons!
ring blanks
glue (I used E6000, but any permanent adhesive should do the trick)


Now, the ring blanks were an issue when I made these a couple of years ago, but they seem to be more readily available at this point...though I still can't find what I'm looking for in chain craft stores. I found mine online--of course, I can't remember where (see? this is the problem with messing around in the past.), but you can get them at Rings & Things (located in Spokane, WA). They have pretty much every kind of ring blank you could ever want. Pick out several because I'm pretty sure they have a minimum required purchase--or search online and find a retailer of your very own.


Assembly is pretty much applying glue to the back of the button and sticking it on the ring. They recommend scoring (basically roughing up) the surface of your ring blank (some come pre-scored) or button back to help with adhesion, but I never did. This might be why I had to re-glue a couple button rings. Oh well, that's the price I pay for cutting corners.


Just think: soon you'll be making so many button rings that people will think you're a button fanatic...and maybe they'll be right. Prepare for the magic!

1 comment:

  1. Students who are searching for best assistance for their academic assignment. Now, Feel free to contact BookMyEssay. We have 4000+ writing experts who are providing affordable classes of how to write an annotated bibliography for students who are willing to get high grades in their exams.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...